SCN: Re: principles

Randy Groves randy at scn.org
Tue Apr 2 08:05:38 PST 2002

One of the things that has given me a bit of a boost recently is talking
with a new volunteer, John Traylor.  He has been working for some time
with the homeless - specifically finding out ways to provide shelter.  One
of the things that he would like to do is provide some sort of kiosk type
arrangement in the shelters, to provide the homeless with a way to
connect, both with e-mail and to browse the web, but also a way to connect
with voice mail and the other amenities that we who are not homeless
pretty much take for granted (and little do we know how slim that
advantage could be ...).

Partnering with John's group would be an excellent way for SCNA to pursue
some of our goals.  There are many possibilities here.  This is definitely
one way to push our principle of connectivity,

-randy