SCN: Freeware Image Editing Tools

patrick fisher clariun at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 12:09:39 PDT 2002

I'm a Mac user, however I want to use my PC at work, during lunch, to edit photos
from my digital camera. And to send the photos to picture reproduction companies
that are online.

Up until now I have mainly used Agfa's Photowise software to crop and adjust images.
It's a simple program with buttons to auto-adjust images, from auto-fix to cropping,
to resizing. A million miles from Photoshop: which is where I want to stay.

Is there a similar program in the Windows world? I checked Agfa's site and can't
find the Windows version of Photowise there.

Yes, I've tried Microsoft's photo editing software and I really don't care for it.
Why is it that MS makes fantastic Macintosh products, yet seems to blow it on the PC
side? Is that not ironic? (Not trying to start a flame war here, just my personal
feelings from daily interaction and observations)

Thanks,
Patrick

=====
Webmaster
Seattle Community Network
http://www.scn.org
"Powering our communities with technology"