SCN: telnet access on Eastside

Randy Groves randy at scn.org
Mon Apr 29 20:43:56 PDT 2002

I just tried it here from home - when I click on 'Infonet Catalog' on my
Mac, NCSA Telnet starts up.  Same thing on my PC.  So I'm assuming, unless
something is different in the libraries, that is what is happening there
too.  So, if they've disabled Telnet, then this wouldn't work.  Of course,
they could be using a different address and web page inside the libraries.
I haven't had the opportunity to get on one recently.

BTW - watch out what you type - I was surprised at what I found at
www.kcls.com ...

-randy