SCN: SCN general meeting - thanks

patrick fisher clariun at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 21:54:16 PST 2002

I'd like to thank everyone who came to the SCN general meeting for
February. I really appreciate it. It was a good turnout of people who
showed up and gave their input on:

1. The new web design done by Lee (lee at scn.org)
2. The new logo(s)
3. Discus discussion software

The new design by Lee was well received for its simplicity and that
it looked nice. I wish I could say more, but that said it all.

The new logo (which is on Lee's home page design at
http://www.scn.org/~lee/scntesta.html) was also well received.

Discusware sofware was demonstrated by a new volunteer, Benjamen,
brought up some good discussion about how to administer the site and
people were introduced to it as it was implemented on his laptop
running with a Linux "skin". See http://www.discusware.com for
examples of Discus in action.

If anyone has more input, please respond to scn at scn.org, this mailing
list, so that I can get a general idea of how others feel about these
three items.

I apologize for not having more on the agenda at the meeting, but
things went pretty quick and everyone broke down into mini-groups to
discuss html, Unix, and all other things SCN-related.

I look forward to the next general meeting next month at the same
location on the last Wednesday in March. There will be reminders sent
out a week before and a day before the meeting.

Again, thank you for coming. And if you couldn't come, hopefully you
can come to the next meeting.

Patrick

=====
Webmaster
Seattle Community Network
http://www.scn.org
"Powering our communities with technology"