SCN: Re: Broadband (fwd)

Doug Schuler douglas at scn.org
Tue Jan 15 13:44:54 PST 2002

I'm not trying to start another firestorm but I thought
people might be interested in what people at the La Plaza
(community network) orgnaization are doing in Taos, New
Mexico.  (No, I don't know how they can provide this type
of service and stay non-profit.  There *must* be a way.
Don't get me wrong: I'm not advocating it [seriously]
but I am of the impression that it can be done [while
keeping in line with IRS rulings].)

-- Doug

   *     SHAPING THE NETWORK SOCIETY                                *
   *          Patterns for Participation,Action, and Change         *
   *                  http://www.cpsr.org/conferences/diac02        *
   * Tomorrow's information and communication infrastructure        *
   *   is being shaped today.                                       *
   *                              But by whom and to what ends?     *
   * Questions: douglas at scn.org                                     *
   *               (if mail bounces try douglas at cpsr.org)           *