SCN: Re: SCN cleaned up logos

patrick fisher clariun at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 10:25:26 PST 2002

To Everyone,

I think it should be made clear that it is the board that will make the decisions.
People can give their input, but it is not us who will make the final
determinations.

I'd love to have my way, but I know that is not my role. And not my right. I do what
I signed up for and that is that.

If everyone would like to know how the funders have felt about SCN's current look,
please let me know and I will get the info.

I will have more information to post on Webmaster Notes, a page you can access from
the home page. I will continue to update it as meetings occur and/or new information
comes up.

Patrick

--- jmabel at speakeasy.net wrote:
> I think any of these look better than our current logo, and even a little more
> "cleaning" might be in order (yes, Mercury's legs do look stunted). I think these
> look every bit as good as the others we've seen and provide far more continuity
> with an already established identity.
>
> If we adopt one of these, we also might want to consider a second, stripped-down
> B&W logo with the same elements in the same arrangement; in particular, it might
> look better at small sizes. The small version of our current logo
> (http://www.scn.org/images/stamp/stamp05.gif) could use cleanup far more
> desperately than this large one.
>
> On 07 Mar 2002, Doug Schuler wrote:
>
> > Noriko Okazaki spent some time "cleaning up"
> > the scn logo. The work is displayed at
> > http://www.scn.org/commnet/logos.html.
> >
> > -- Doug

> >       scn
> > ==== Messages posted on this list are also
> > ==== available on the web at: ====
> >   http://www.scn.org/volunteers/scn-l/ * * *
> >   * * * *

=====
Webmaster
Seattle Community Network
http://www.scn.org
"Powering our communities with technology"