SCN: SCN trivia question

J. Johnson jj at scn.org
Sat Mar 16 20:54:13 PST 2002

Still quite ambiguous.  I could write a script to tally how many files
with html, htm, or shtml suffixes exist in all the public_html
directories.  But wait--'txt' files can also be accessed via the web.  Did
you want to include them?  And should a file be included if there is no
link to it?  It might be easier to write a spider script, which would
follow all the links.  Or see if there is some way to get Altavista to
sort out the "personal" pages from the pages on the document root.  But
this is getting to be a non-trivial effort.