SCN: Prarienet.org - community network - check it out

Joel Ware IV jw4 at scn.org
Sat Mar 23 19:35:05 PST 2002

More on Prairienet:
Organizationally, they are part of the Graduate School of Library Science
and Information Management at University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign
(UIUC).

This year, 2002, is the first year that they are expected to be "self
supporting".

They list seven paid staff members, of which they say:

"Prairienet full-time staff members are Academic Professional employees of
the University of Illinois. The generous support of the friends and
members of Prairienet contribute to staff salaries.  Prairienet also
receives administrative support from staff of the Graduate School of
Library and Information Science. "

-Joel.

---