SCN: Windows FTP programs

patrick fisher clariun at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 10:08:57 PST 2002

I posed this problem to JJ, but since he doesn't use Windows...

People have been having trouble FTping to SCN since the new server went up. They get
530 errors. Fetch on my Mac works fine, all my other FTP programs are locked out.

We have a new volunteer who uses Windows and is getting the same 530 error.

Is there a Windows program that is successfully allowing people to FTP into SCN?

(And apologies to JJ because I did not first wait for him to respond. However, maybe
someone out there who uses Windows in the SCN community has had success with FTP.)

Thanks,
Patrick

=====
Webmaster
Seattle Community Network
http://www.scn.org
"Powering our communities with technology"