SCN: home page

patrick fisher clariun at yahoo.com
Sun May 5 01:54:00 PDT 2002

Some of you may have noticed that the home page has not been updated for May.

I decided to leave SCN.

I feel SCN should be run, day-to-day, by a people person, someone who is focused on
volunteers and the public.

It has been too frustrating to continue.

Of course, volunteer organizations can be frustrating. However, the level of
frustration that is going on at SCN can be avoided with just a little attention and
focus from the person who is doing the day-to-day activities.

I'm sorry I had to leave, and I would love to continue to be the webmaster. I truly
enjoyed working with the topic editors and our hardware and software people.

Recently, we built-up a great staff of topic editors. We had an annual SCN potluck.
The pages were being updated quite frequently.

SCN is an incredible resource to the community.

However, I have no choice but to leave.

I hope the best for SCN and it's users and volunteers.

I'd like to thank JJ, Randy and Steve of hardware and software. A special thanks to
Ti, the president of SCN. Alan and Nathan of the help desk.

And to the very special topic editors: Nancy Chen, Elaine Chan, Jim Loring, Lee
Mullen, Lois, Chantha, and Jim Merryweather.

I'd love to continue being webmaster, but some things would have to change.

To clarify, this is not an ego thing. I just want what is best for SCN. I do not
feel that SCN can grow and prosper under the current conditions. And too much time
and effort are wasted when just a little time and effort could change that.

I would consider coming back, but only if there were some fundamental changes to the
organization. Changes that would take very little work, but are fundamental.

I want to clarify that this is not an ego thing. I only volunteered for SCN to do my
best and make it the best that it can be. I have a busy life as a single father and
ego doesn't fit into the equation.

Before I go: A special thanks to JJ for all of his hard work to keep SCN running.
He's a good guy and deserves extra special recognition I apologize to any whom I
have missed in thanking. There are many of you.

Patrick