SCN: RE: Now what?

sc at sdf.lonestar.org sc at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jul 11 17:35:56 PDT 2011

Steve Guest wrote:
> the setting up of state required background checks for any
> volunteer we allowed to interact with a vulnerable member of
> the public

Steve,

After thinking about this for a bit, I'm certain that this was
in fact not required by the State of Washington at the time we
adopted it. That's why there were two sides to the discussion.
But even though there was no state mandate to do it, an
increased risk of liability was becoming apparent.

Rod Clark
* * * * * * * *  From the Listowner  * * * * * * * *
To unsubscribe send a message to:  majordomo at scn.org
In the body of the message, type:  unsubscribe scn