SCN: SCNA general meeting 6/9.

sc at sdf.lonestar.org sc at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Jun 10 14:30:56 PDT 2012

> We decided on setting up a mailing list (I know, another one)

Randy,

If you can find someone with current access to the SCN system
who wants to do it, please transfer the ownership of the old scn
list to whoever that is. It would cut down on my spam-bounce
messages. Thanks.

Almost the only volunteer Internet thing I'm doing these days is
helping with Marty McLaren's Web site (marty4ssd.com). It'd be
nice to have a place to stream video of public meetings and
such, and not be limited to 32kbps or 48kbps .mp3 audio files.
I've tried Youtube and it works, but it'd be nice to have a
better alternative.

The Seattle Channel's School Board videos are 256kbps for the
audio and video combined. That's about the same bandwidth as
some MP3 Internet radio streams. Low-end video is starting to be
less far-fetched than it used to be. Even bumping the bitrate to
twice that might be less laughable than you think. What would be
particularly fun is eventually developing the capability to
stream video live from field locations via Wifi or cell phone
data links. People are out there doing stuff. It's not all text.
Would SCN potentially be interested in anything like this?

Rod Clark
sc at sdf.org
* * * * * * * *  From the Listowner  * * * * * * * *
To unsubscribe send a message to:  majordomo at scn.org
In the body of the message, type:  unsubscribe scn