[Ci4cg-announce] How We May Think — The Next Chapter (70th anniversary commentary)

Doug Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Wed Jul 8 16:32:05 PDT 2015

In case you might be interested I'm sending a link to my article, "How We May Think — The Next Chapter: Civic Intelligence and Collective Metacognition" (http://publicsphereproject.org/content/how-we-may-think-—-next-chapter). It's a loose response to Vannevar Bush's article "How We May Think", which was published in July 1945, exactly 70 years ago, in the Atlantic Monthly.

My article appears in the Spanda Journal (VI, 1), in a special issue devoted to Systemic Change edited by Helene Finidori. The entire issue containing over 20 articles can be found at  http://www.spanda.org/SpandaJounrnal_VI,1.pdf.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

— Doug

PS. Please excuse duplicates....

Douglas Schuler
douglas at publicsphereproject.org <mailto:douglas at publicsphereproject.org>
Twitter: @doug_schuler

Creating the World Citizen Parliament
     http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament <http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (project)
     http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/lv <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (book)
 http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601 <http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601>