[Ci4cg-announce] Great Opportunity for everybody!

Doug Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Thu Jan 28 12:56:38 PST 2016

Please take a moment to send me a reply to at least one of these 7 questions. I think / hope that this work will be useful to all of us!

Thanks!!!

1. If you were going to ask the entire CI4CG group one (or more) questions, what would it / they be?

2. What definition of Collective Intelligence for the Common Good would you suggest?
(Or: what attributes might it have?)

3. Imagine a CI4CG event that you’d really like to attend. What would it look like?
(Feel free to describe a broad vision or just an interesting element.)

4. What are some of the barriers that stand between our work and the outcomes we’d like to see?

5. Please describe one or more ways in which members of the Collective Intelligence for the Common Good Community / Network might be able to build on the work you're doing.

6. Please send 1-10 sentences from a paper or from anything that you've written — whether or not it's published or not — that you think is pertinent.

7. Please list 2-5 (or more) topics that are the most relevant to your CI4CG work now and where you'd like to see it in the future. This could be traditional (or new) disciplines, focal populations (such as children or low-income communities), specific geographical areas, cross-cutting areas (methodology, integration, etc.), objectives, specific foci (e.g. online deliberation), tools, etc. etc.

Douglas Schuler
douglas at publicsphereproject.org <mailto:douglas at publicsphereproject.org>
Twitter: @doug_schuler

Creating the World Citizen Parliament
     http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament <http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (project)
     http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/lv <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (book)
 http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601 <http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601>