[Ci4cg-announce] Fwd: How Collective Intelligence Can Create Better Policy & Strategy

Doug Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Tue Apr 18 18:34:53 PDT 2017

 Hi Dmitry,

I *do* associate with the idea of collective intelligence. I often refer to
civic intelligence as a type of collective intelligence. I prefer the term
*civic* intelligence because it is specifically directed towards addressing
social needs, an area that I think needs specific and immediate attention.
The term *collective intelligence* can be applied towards non-civic ends
(and through non-civic means).

As for your earlier questions, I do want to get back to them. When I get
some time! (hope hope)

As for my statement about *agents*, I believe that when most people talk
about collective intelligence, there is some agreement that collective
intelligence is a phenomenon that some type of (collective) *agent *
possesses.

Thanks!!

— Doug

PS. I do intend to check out the MindHive book.