[Ci4cg-announce] Happy to say...

Doug Schuler douglas at publicsphereproject.org
Tue Jan 3 14:08:49 PST 2017

I'm happy to say that things seem to be back to normal on this list. The software / hardware on our creaky (and old!) Seattle Community Network hasn't necessarily kept up with the times (or the financial investment).

Thanks to the people that told me the message reached them.

You don't have to send me any more notes that said my message arrived.

You can write me for other reasons if you want! :-)

If you have new year's wishes for this list you can also post them! That's what I'm hoping to do soon.

Clearly the danger signs are clearly blinking for collective intelligence for the common good. And not just in the US.

I'd like to think that we could work together across various borders to avert the slide into violence and oppression that some people seem to be promoting.

I'll send out my ideas soon but we'd also like to hear yours!!!

Naively,

— Doug

Douglas Schuler
douglas at publicsphereproject.org <mailto:douglas at publicsphereproject.org>
Twitter: @doug_schuler

Public Sphere Project <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/>

Creating the World Citizen Parliament <http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/may-june-2013/creating-the-world-citizen-parliament>

Liberating Voices!  A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution (Project <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/patterns/lv> / Book <http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11601>)

Three patterns:
   Political Settings <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/content/political-settings>
   Social Responsibility <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/content/social-responsibility>
   Matrifocal Orientation <http://www.publicsphereproject.org/content/matrifocal-orientation>