[Realpoetik] GRAHAM FOUST

RealPoetik Magazine realpoetik at scn9.scn.org
Sun Jul 10 06:54:21 PDT 2011

POEM CALLED *NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD AND ZOMBIES*

* *

or *Dawn of the Dead and Zombies*—I don’t care.

“Department of Redundancy Department,”

I say in my most cheerful bitter phone voice,

though I’m not at work and my Blackberry’s off.

I lie—and it lays—on the couch, both of us

oddly perfect, like a pinball and a cloud.

I find I’m to bed on the late side these days

(television test patterns having vanished)

but I could always get there earlier

were there reason enough—say, *one*—to do so.

You say “tomato”; I say “Don’t tase me, bro!”

Have I got an obituary for me:

b. 1970; d. 19-something;

lives in California with his family.

*Graham Foust* lives in Oakland and works at Saint Mary's College of
California.  His most recent book is *A Mouth in California* (Flood
Editions, 2009).

--
RealPoetik
www.realpoetik.org