Elections/Deep Breath/Moving Forward/alt.whatever

Steven Mudd sjm at scn.org
Tue Jun 6 23:27:15 PDT 1995

So, a couple of cents in the meter, stand up on this podium, and...

Agree with eveyone.
Well, not really- though it has seemed that just about all of the
recent postings have made valid points. My initial reaction was
similar to Tom's; sure, this election is fraught with problems, but
let's push on, use it as test run for the real thing. On the other
hand, the time spent may be better invested in the "real thing".
Particularly in issues such as how to validate/tabulate votes.
Given that, I'm more inclined to agree with Brian, let's appoint
some people, get legal, and get on with gritty details of democracy.
Regarding Steve Banerian's suggestion of an "outsider" rounding out
the temporary triumvirate, how about an SPL person?
(if they're willing).
                     -Steven

-I've got a feeling the SPL may have an opinion on our carrying alt.sex,
and they deserve a voice in the debate.