New SCN Lists

Lucys lbs at aa.net
Mon May 29 15:38:30 PDT 1995

On Mon, 29 May 1995, A. R. 'Bob' Mascott wrote:

>   Majordomo also has a concept of "open" and "closed" lists.  The major
> difference between "open" and "closed" lists is what happens when a
> user submits a "subscribe" request for the list.  For a closed list,
> the request is forwarded to the list owner for approval.  For a open
> list, the request succeeds automatically if the address the user is
> asking to subscribe is their own (according to their mail headers).  In

  Bob,
   Your email did *not* indicate which of the mailing-lists are
  *closed* and which are *open*.

   Also, in a prior email discussion over the 'services' mailing list,
  there was a discussion about opening up some of the closed
  discussions. I believe one of the ideas was to have the content of
  the mailing lists posted on a public forum on SCN.
  Based on those prior emails, I thought there was going to be some
  kind of interface set up to automatically post emails to that
  public forum.

   Are we going to do that?

  Lucy S.                   lbs at aa.net
  Seattle, Washington  USA