Next Community Computer Centers Meeting - August 15

Douglas Schuler comnets at u.washington.edu
Wed Aug 7 14:37:50 PDT 1996

To:  People interested in community computing centers
Subject: Next meeting is August 15th

As many of you know we had a very interesting and enthusiastic meeting
last month (July  15) at the Speakeasy to discuss local projects and
how they might relate to the CTCNet (Community Technology Centers
Network) work.  Representatives from about 15 projects attended.  Peter
Miller from CTCNet was in town convening several workshops for HUD's
regional "Neighborhood Networks" conference and he gave a short
presentation on CTCNet and described what it means to be a CTCNet
affiliate.  (PS.  I am still hoping / planning to write up a short
piece on that meeting.  Please send me any information - from notes to
brochures, etc. - that you think might help me put the essay together.
I would like to print the article in the CTCNet and CPSR/Seattle
Newsletters.)

After talking with Mike Apgar of the Speakeasy we decided that we would
is at 2304 2nd (near Bell St.) in Seattle's Belltown neighborhood.
Their phone number is 728-9770.

If you are interested in community computing centers for Seattle please
attend this meeting.  It will be informal -- we plan to take up where
we left off last time.

Thanks!   Hope to see you there.

-- Doug