Community Computing Meeting

Douglas Schuler comnets at u.washington.edu
Tue Aug 13 17:48:59 PDT 1996

Meeting Reminder...

Last month, Peter Miller from CTCNet (Community Technology Centers
Network) was in Seattle for HUD's neighborhood network conference.  At
Peter's suggestion we scheduled a meeting at the Speakeasy (on 2nd
Avenue in Seattle's Belltown neighborhood) for which about 20 community
computing advocates attended.  People agreed that it was very
educational and we agreed to schedule another meeting.

The next meeting is on August 15th at 7:00 PM.  The Speakeasy is at
2304 2nd (near Bell St.) in Seattle's Belltown neighborhood.  Their
phone number is 728-9770.

Please come prepared to give a BRIEF discussion of your project and
some thoughts on how you might like to collaborate with others.  It
would be very useful if everybody would bring 15 - 20 textual
descriptions or brochures that describe their project, their ideas,
their thoughts on collaboration, and their contact information.

We will also discuss becoming CTCNet affiliates.

If you are interested in community computing centers for Seattle please
attend this meeting.  It will be informal -- we plan to take up where
we left off last time.

Thanks!   Hope to see you there.

-- Doug

(PS.  I am still hoping / planning to write up a short piece on that
meeting.  Please bring me information - including notes and/or
brochures, etc. - that you think might help me write a descriptive
essay.  I would like to print the article in the CTCNet and
CPSR/Seattle Newsletters.)