SCN General Meetings

Kevin Higgins wheels at scn.org
Tue Jan 30 23:46:42 PST 1996

Kurt,
	You read through to words I almost wrote about using that time to
develop an agenda ( but did not want to acknowledge in print!).  My
rebuttal is that by having thed room from 6:30 we could A) start on time
at 7 PM, B) set the room by having chairs arranged, C) Learn of last
minute concerns that one/many would like to have covered in the meeting.
	For example, last week Aki had an issue she wanted to discuss.  It
turned out that this was to change from requiring IPs to use FreePort
before developing Web stuff to allowing them the choice developing as each
IP desired.  This was an important issue best done by the consensus of the
group, yet was not something I had on the agenda.
	We are a dynamic organization and need to the flexibility to
discuss timely issues.  Having the room from 6:30 would allow for a bit
of social interchange, helping newbies, agenda setting and still provide
7 PM start time.

-Kevin Higgins --- wheels at scn.org