Free Internet Access?

SCN User bf578 at scn.org
Fri Feb 21 14:15:46 PST 1997

I agree, but SCN/freenets allow people, some with out computers, to see
what the internet is about, to have an email address, to access information.

SCN/Freenets can not offer everything the net has to offer, but who has the
time to experience everything the net has to offer?

>   Freenets occupy a valuable but limited niche on the Internet.
	This is kinda what I was pointing towards, the niche that is filled
	but does not receive attention.

>   There's a hardware equivalent to Freenets, too. Ask any
>business with a storeroom full of dusty IBM XT's and AT's
>whether they'd be willing to donate them to a nonprofit public
>service organization. Those XT's and AT's occupy the same place
>in the world that SCN does.
	I think access to the Internet can provide a lot more use than a XT or am
AT, even if it is limited to text-surfing and a email.