SCN Planning: Agenda

Rod Clark rclark at pop.aa.net
Wed Jun 18 06:26:29 PDT 1997

> ... communication "from the top down" is not great, especially
> now that SCN(A) is relatively large.  ... I seriously doubt
> there is any *intention* regarding the information flow ...
> Just no visible effort.  (note the word *visible* - it might
> be there , but the average SCNA member won't see it )
>
> I would rather try to leave *motives* out of the discussion.

Stefani,

   Let me put it a better way - styles of communication differ a
lot. But much of it is inertia, that's for sure.

   The user home page discussion that took place mostly on the
Services list (the most widely read list) the other week,
and that involved so many people, seems to be what prepitated or
gelled the consensus to go forward with that project. Without
that widely contributed-to discussion,, I believe that wouldn't
have happened.

   The Planning list is a closed list (please let me know if
this isn't true any longer), whose 8 or so members were
hand-picked by somebody. Most of the people who nudged the user
home page discussion to a successful resolution of that
long-standing issue aren't on the Planning list. Why shouldn't
some of the other Planning issues be discussed in a more open
forum as well?

> It is now just a matter of making the effort and getting things
> set up correctly.  If not now, when?  If not us, who?
>
> If not chocolate, I'm outa here!

   That's a fine spirit in which to view all this.

Rod Clark