Risks of deploying a legislative virus, or "legislative mal-ware"

Doug Tooley dltooley at speakeasy.org
Tue Mar 11 18:33:03 PST 1997

> It's already illegal to loose computer viruses upon the computer-using
> population.  A broad interpretation of law-as-software could make the
> sponsor legally liable for attempting to deliver a virus.

A good point, and well said - however you've missed one point - human
beings are not electrons.  The courts may well share your opinion on this
matter, but frankly given the performance of our courts lately (like for
instance on the stadium issue, sidewalk loitering, etc, I have a greater
faith in our elected representatives.  At least we, the people, have
**some** form of recourse with these individuals.