Conduct of SCN

Doug Tooley dltooley at speakeasy.org
Thu Mar 13 16:53:19 PST 1997

Hi all-

My apologies for any offended by the tone of the exchange between myself
and Mr. Cockrum.

It is a fact that this type of atacking behavior is an inherent problem on
SCN. I do however, when attacked, defend myself.

Perhaps if we saw a bit more participation from our elected board in these
discussions  (anything at all actually) these discussions might prove more
fruitful and productive.

Although I do have a standing complaint, waiting for response from the
board, against a member of what appears to be the net.old.hand faction on
SCN I'd also like to come to the defense of Mr. Cockrum.  Mr. Cockrum is
an experienced flamer and he is aware of what he is doing, I do feel that
he goes to far, but it's not an uncommon behavior on the net.  Frankly I'd
much rather have communication of the sort of Mr. Cockrum's than the
silence of our current board.

Mr. Cockrum's tone and quality was also improving and his final post was
of a very high caliber, one that merits more of a response than I gave it
at the time.

-Douglas Tooley