Articles

Rod Clark rclark at aa.net
Sun May 11 16:38:11 PDT 1997

> What do you propose as a positive solution? And why the judgemental tone?
> There are sixteen SCN lists by my count, if that is too many why is it too
> many? You don't make that clear in your posting. I am truly curious as to
> why this raises your ire.

Andrew,

I propose re-inventing half a dozen mailing lists that would be
places for people to stay generally informed about broad
subject areas.

As to why I have my own particular personality - well, go
figure.

The seventeenth one that you're missing is a new one, Planning.
But if you've been following things, lots of the planning
related duscussions have actually taken place in other venues
than the erstwhile planning list, which basically goes to show
that it's just another fragnmented, silly addition, that splits
worthwhile conversations among yet more lists, so that people
now have to subscribe to it as well as all the others. Pleh!

Planning decisions are important enough that they should involve
widely distributed conversations, not tucked away among a small
number of people on a specialized list. Lots of people should
have a chance to contribute, and to stay up to date on that.

Rod Clark