6836 users removed from password file

michaelh at scn.org michaelh at scn.org
Wed May 21 13:33:55 PDT 1997

  How soon after receiving an account must one log in to prevent
the account from being deleted?
  How were scn users informed of this policy before it was implemented?

  Do recent account information letters warn people that they must
log in within a certain period after receiving their account, and
that they must log in at least once every 6 months to retain their
accounts?
  Older account activation letters made no mention of these
requirements - how were these people informed?

	Thanks,
	Michael Hanson