RFC- AKA What's the C for

Bill Scott billhs at speakeasy.org
Thu Aug 13 18:59:39 PDT 1998

Rich;

Again, no argument with what you have said. Those are things that need to
be done.

Before this goes any further please go to the SCN web page and read the
Summer 98 SeaZine article "Community Networks Threatened".

The IRS position described there puts us somewhere between a paradox and a
quandry. The more we look like a commercial ISP and provide similar
services the more likely we are to come under fire for competing with
those commercial businesses. On the other hand, if we don't start
modernizing our potential members/users are going to migrate to the
commercial ISPs that provide the services wanted by those who might
otherwise join us.

I don't have any answers but before we take off toward new services and
updating everything let's be sure we're not shooting ourselves in the
foot.

Bill S
billhs at speakeasy.org  "Two of the most famous products of U.C. Berkeley
bk846 at scn.org          are LSD and UNIX. Is this a coincidence ? "