Homelessness and the web (really about class & money)

Lorraine Pozzi femme2 at scn.org
Mon Jan 12 19:52:24 PST 1998

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Rod Clark wrote:

> > I'd like to see SCN focus on developing an atmosphere where
> > users identify their screen display as something they voted on,
> > something they helped build, something that is *theirs*.  That
> > is not easy -- giving people a democratic voice in procedures
> > usually seems to involve hunting them down and pulling it out
> > of them.

Anitra -- I volunteered to be Member Services Chair because
I think that getting people to feel ownership of SCNA is crucial
to its future.  I've also felt that we need to have some better
way to communicate with our users/members.

I'm really pleased that you are putting these issues out for
discussion.

There has been talk of an online newsletter -- and maybe this could
be incorporated into it.  I'd prefer this to having it stand
alone -- there is a lack of communication going * both * ways.

Anitra -- are you suggesting we might be myopic, arrogant
bureaucrats?  People who start out doing good works often slide
into that mode -- but I don't think we are quite there yet.
Of course, we are always the last to know.

Lorraine