more on the statewide plan for libraries

Doug Schuler douglas
Wed Jan 21 10:13:11 PST 1998

Here is another piece of information from Bruce McComb in the Tri Cities.
Maybe now is a good time for SCN volunteers to set up a meeting with
SPL?!

-- Doug

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 15:09:50 +0500
Subject: State Library Input
To: douglas at scn.org

To all Washington Community Networks:

The RECA Foundation is the Washington State Representative for
Community Networks on the Statewide Plan for Washington Libraries.

Our input from the last planning meeting can be reviewed on our web
site at:

                  http://www.tcfn.org/recafnd/1stqtr98/1stqtr98.html

The letter provides a good review of our plans for a Regional
Dissabilites
Resource Center as well as the integration of Computer Technology
Centers into the library system.

 Bruce McComb, Executive Director
                                RECA FOUNDATION
                   605 South Olympia #74  Kennewick, Wa 99336
                Phone:  (509) 543-2910  e-mail:  sysop at tcfn.org

                                         PROGRAMS
* TCFN     The Columbia Free-Net, Modem: (509) 543-2900,
telnet://tcfn.org,                 http://www.tcfn.org

* CBPIN    Columbia Basin Public Information Network
                   http://www.tcfn.org/cbpin.htm
Founding members:  Arts Council of the Mid-Columbia Region, BOSS
Internet Group, Educational Service District 123, Franklin County,
Mid-Columbia Library, NW Public Television, Washington State University
Cooperative Extension, and Tri-Cities Free-Net (TCFN)

"The old America strove to assimilate difference, The new America will
find strength in valuing diversity."