CNs and Public Television

Doug Schuler douglas
Wed Jan 21 09:46:00 PST 1998

Ti & Nancy,

Here is a note from Jillaine at the Benton Foundation.  You may want
to drop her a line.

-- Doug

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 19:56:47 -0500
From: Jillaine Smith <jillaine at benton.org>
To: COMMUNET at list.uvm.edu
Cc: afcn-advisory at lists.colorado.edu
Subject: CNs and Public Television/Radio

Greetings friends in the community networking world...

We here at Benton are looking for examples/models of projects that involve
community networks working in partnership with public television or radio.

I am also looking for instances where community networks had real
involvement with engaging their communities in a civic "public interest" or
"public service" issue.  This could be something like Minn. E-Democracy, but
I want it to include partnership with another community entity, be it a
library, public broadcasting or other entity.

Could you please let me know of current or even past projects and
the best people to contact regarding those projects?

I hope I'm being clear enough.

Thanks!

-- Jillaine Smith
   Senior Associate