was (RE: ispell findings...) now...making changes

John Johnson jj at scn.org
Thu Jul 30 14:04:24 PDT 1998

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Chanh Ong wrote:

> Thanks to Bob H. has done most of the research, and there are no
> major objection from the group.  I have enable the ispell this week.

** I OBJECTED!! **  (For the reason that ispell was _not_ tested--see
below.)  So what should I do next time to register a complaint?
(By the way, Bob did _not_ test, nor did he claim to have tested.  He
researched some specific points.  Which is more than anyone else did.)

Chanh:  have you learned any lessons from this?

Allen and everyone else:  TESTING IS _NOT_ LUXURY.  There are some
things that have to be done right, and it has nothing to do with
"protecting state secrets".  There are many things which, IF NOT DONE
RIGHT, SHOULD NOT BE DONE AT ALL!