pine

SCN User bf818 at scn.org
Fri Nov 20 17:27:41 PST 1998

I recently wrote about attachments that are unreadable.  The only answer
you offered was a complicated (to me) process using Pine.  I have never
been able to use Pine--my mind just doesn't work that way I guess.  It
seems awfully outmoded, clumsy and un-friendly.  Why is this necessary?

I also asked what language to tell people to send their attachmnents in
so my server could read them.  This might be a better way for me to go if
the senders are agreeable.  It might even help me load it into readable
form into my Wordperfect, which has many formats available.  Can you just
tell me what formats the Freeport e-mail will accept--if that's an
appropriate question?

Below I'm pasting in the identifying labels on each of the two recent
attachments.  Perhaps you can tell me something about them that would be
helpful.

======================================
Magnabloc attachment:

-----=_NextPart_000_0036_01BE12D5.F8E45480

Matrix attachment (microsoft word doc)

--------------48EE50934B1A

Sorry I'm so incapable on the keyboard, but I can't help it.  Anyway, it
certainly seems to me as though Pine is a step backward, even if it is
"multi-lingual"!

Sincerely,
Virginia Meyer
All messages posted on this list are also available on the web at: