Software Donations

Lutheran Social Services lss at scn.org
Thu Sep 10 22:49:56 PDT 1998

Lorraine,

Are these new or used computers? Will they run Windows? If you know of
anybody who works at Microsoft give them a call and see if they'd be
willing to purchase software at the employee store and donate to SCNA.
(MS software is obscenely cheap for employees - Win98 is $20, Office97 is
$40).  If you really want to make the donation stretch, ask them to fill
in a matching gift form - Microsoft will either match with like software
or with money (the amount the employee paid).  I don't know if older
versions of Windows or other software are still being sold - doubt it, but
you might find somebody who could donate a legit copy of something useful.

Would it be inappropriate to post a short request on SCN's homepage -
right at the top on the first page, so it would get maximum visibility -
you are working against the clock here, so the notice would only be up for
a day. Or how about putting the notice as one of the login messages?

Good luck - wish I could be of more help.
Erik Stevens
Lutheran Social Services
lss at scn.org