Software Donations

Lorraine Pozzi femme2 at scn.org
Thu Sep 10 10:56:39 PDT 1998

SCNA will be donating a couple of computers at the Community
Computer Fair on Saturday (the 12th).  We will be giving these
to kids -- middle-school to high-school age.

The problem is that I just found out that they have nothing on
them except DOS.  Not exactly a gee-whiz experience for a kid.

Does anyone know where we might get donated (or very cheap)
software for these computers?  It has to be legal -- this event
is sponsored by the City of Seattle's Technology Committee
and others.  And of course SCNA is squeaky clean.

Any ideas?  Jim Horton, Sharma and I are working on this part
of the fair.  Jim just got back from a week and a half at Burning
Man, so he's kind of busy.

Lorraine
femme2 at scn.org