difficult e-mail?

John Johnson jj at scn.org
Mon Sep 14 01:45:00 PDT 1998

Rich:  I, also, "am not impressed that the terminology became the issue."
But the rest of us are not mind-readers; and since we do not have direct
access to your mind we have to go by what you say.  If you use the wrong
term, it _does_ become an issue.  So be more careful!

As to the main point of the issue:  Pine was designed, and is generally
deemed to be, as "friendly" as possible.  Of course, there is an inherent
contradiction here:  "friendly" is often expected to be both powerful
(lots of choices) and simple (few choices).  And _any_ system that one is
familiar with tends to seem friendlier than any other system.  But
allowing for all that, I don't think you can point to any other e-mail
program that is more "friendly" than Pine.  (Can you?)