scn's email

SCN User mtsvme at scn.org
Wed Sep 16 17:07:30 PDT 1998

I am comfortable using pico.

I do have some dislikes, however.  Someone mentioned about typing fast.
Quite frequently I have had to wait, and wait, and wait, for response in
order to move the cursor. I would prefer to grab the rat & place that
little underscore anywhere I want, instead of having to slowly wait for
computer response to go across the phone lines.

There is one major drawback using the current system, I believe @ scn, the
character-set.  Many people are using Outlook Express & other email
software, and send the email using html (unknowingly).  I either have to
open this as an attachment, or forward it to another email address.

And, if someone sends an attachment other than text, I have to forward it
to another address in order to see it.

Then there is the one other point... In order to work using a computer, @
probably 99+% of businesses, a person must be able to use microsoft.
Learning to use pico/pine for most people does help them anywhere else.

I understand that many people think text based systems are god's gift to
the world, I prefer pretty pictures.

I also believe in scn and hope to be able to commit volunteering again
sometime within the next ...?

Thomas