Pine controversy

Rich Littleton be718 at scn.org
Mon Sep 28 17:48:17 PDT 1998

Joe is correct:  Just because the Great Satan (Microsoft) is nearly
omnipresent, we are not guilty of being a Microsoft acholyte organization
because we want a user-friendly system.

Look at it from the point of view of the user:  What works for him/her?

Perhaps, just as we have Freeport e-mail AND Pine e-mail, perhaps we can
have Freeport & Pine, AND a user-friendly program.  If the user-friendly
one can be text, that is fine.  If not, then we should look at graphical
ones.

The ease with which we old-timers used Pine is not the way to measure
user-friendliness.

Later,

rich

*****  Unless stated otherwise, this message may be forwarded.  ******