Pine controversy

Al Boss alboss at scn.org
Tue Sep 29 16:47:55 PDT 1998

On my planet Zongo-Bongo, we also have concepts called "manners" and
"tact".

On the other hand, thank you for proving by example my statement that we
have smart people; you are once again way ahead of me.  The remote
e-mail readers (on the page you were thoughtful enough to point out)
claim they are configurable.  This would seem to allow for an
SCN-branded Web interface to our existing mail system.  Not an ideal
solution (slow and outside our control) but still an option I hadn't
seen discussed before.

I would have thought that the SCN Web-based outgoing mail function would
be run from our own CGI script in tandem with sendmail, not too
different than the well-functioning formmail script with which you're
well-acquainted.  I, however, am no expert.

You are one of the most knowledgeable and solution-oriented people we're
lucky enough to have working for us.  If you say it's impossible, or at
least an idea worthy of ridicule, then I'll take your word for it.
Consider the suggestion withdrawn.