Access

Sharma sharma at aa.net
Thu Aug 5 13:07:34 PDT 1999

To put relevant information on the internet would take a goverment task
force at least 5 years to determine which information should be public.
Then a new government agency would have to be created and funded, via
legislation of course, so that should take a minimum of another five
years. Then of course it would have to be staffed and equipped. By that
time we would have gone thru several election cycles and the only people
still in DC who were there at the beginning would be the lobbyists for and
against this new agency and a few legislators.

At this point the legislation would have been so changed that it probably
would have become either the department to sell public information or the
department to convice the public they do not want information. Only if it
is the transcript of secret grand jury testimony about sex can it cut
through the normal red tape channels and arrive on the internet quickly.
And after the public did not jump the way the people who put that there
hoped, the chances for other information to arrive got even slimmer.

-s