Amazing Facts

Gianni Truzzi gtruzzi at scn.org
Mon Feb 8 16:07:19 PST 1999

Barb Weismann wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Gianni Truzzi wrote:
>
> >     Donations:              6,679 (*)
> >     Current Members:  514
> >
> > (*) counts only those that came with a registration or were applied to
> > an SCNA membership since 12/1/97.
> Gianni:  Is this a dollar amount, or the number of checks received?  If
> the latter, it seems a little off.  It is one year's worth: 514 people we
> know, paid.  6,100 something people made donations? Isn't that more than
> registered?

Obviously, clarification is needed. It's one year's worth of non-registration
donations that qualified for membership and all donations that came with a
registration since 1994.

An odd (and possibly meaningless) statistic, I realize, but its oddity is a
by-product of what I could practically get into the database.

The goal here was not perfect, but *better*. I realize that is a pretty low
bar. ;)  The expectation is that, with this tool now in place, we will have
more comprehensive records from this point on.

-- Gianni