Amazing Facts

Barb Weismann bb140 at scn.org
Sun Feb 7 16:19:27 PST 1999

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Gianni Truzzi wrote:

>     Donations:              6,679 (*)
>     Current Members:  514
>
> (*) counts only those that came with a registration or were applied to
> an SCNA membership since 12/1/97.
Gianni:  Is this a dollar amount, or the number of checks received?  If
the latter, it seems a little off.  It is one year's worth: 514 people we
know, paid.  6,100 something people made donations? Isn't that more than
registered?

> Non-registration donations prior to that I deemed not material to
> current needs. If I counted all of them, I suspect the number would be
> nearly double.

Gianni, this is our fund raising history.  One year's worth is usually
sufficient for writing grants.  It's not, for continued tracking.  Get
ebase donor program from desktop.org and see how info is kept on donors
and members.  Very important!!

> But we seldom look at what we have achieved.

Regular record keeping reflects this to all.  You are right, it's vital.
An annual report, prepared from minutes of meetings, is tremendously
important to an organization.  For some, it's the only time they see the
results of their work.

I hammer on about record keeping, so I hope that many others can
understand how much we need to do so, given this example of Gianni's.

Barb