Opening ATT/TCI to ISPs (fwd)

Joel Ware IV jw4 at scn.org
Thu Feb 18 02:18:49 PST 1999

Barb,
Good letter to the Council members -- THANKS for writing it.

I have been working actively for SCN with the Open Access Coalition to
move this issue in the right direction -- I think we've done OK so far.
The resolution passed by the SCNA Board was a very powerful statement in
favor of the principle of open and non-discriminatory access.

I testified for SCN at the City hearing, and Aki Namioka spoke for
Seattle CTTAB and SCN.  I am very impressed with the County's leadership
on this topic -- as you can see by the lopsided votes, support for open
access is strong on the Council, and in Ron Sims' office.

But as you note, much work remains to be done.  The Open Access
Coalition will continue to work with WAISP (SCN is a member), SCN, and
a number of other ISPs to secure full open and non-discriminatory access
for all.   SCNs voice will continue to be heard there, on the City
Council, on CTTAB, and on the County Council.

-Joel.

Joel Ware, IV  Governance Committee   jw4 at scn.org