The importance of having civility as a standard for volunteers (was RE: Revisit number forty two hundred)

Rich Littleton be718 at scn.org
Wed Jun 30 23:23:11 PDT 1999

Joel, and the World,

	This message you sent is incorrect.  The board did NOT approve
your conduct list at the January meeting.  I was there.  Specifically, the
board said that the list was tentative until it was run by the membership.
It never was run by the membership.

	Steve Guest told me he was working on a conduct list for official
submission.  So your list never did get official approval.

	I'll be writing more on civility and ethics in a few days.  But,
for now, it is necessary to counter your statement that your list was
officially approved by the board at the 1/13/99 meeting.

	Did we ever get a conduct list that dealt with board members
publicly distorting the truth?  Anyone?

	Rich

*****  Unless stated otherwise, this message may be forwarded.  ******