Majordomo results: test help message (fwd)

Stanley N. Protigal bk269 at scn.org
Tue May 25 18:29:41 PDT 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 18:26:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: majordomo at scn.org
To: bk269 at scn.org
Subject: Majordomo results: test help message

--

>>>> help governance
Welcome to the Seattle Community Network Information Server!

This is the general description of things you can do with the server by
mailing it messages.  The specific SCN functions are outlined below,
followed by the more general description of the functions available in
the software that we are using (called majordomo).

If you want to get some specific information, we have an archive of files
that you can have sent to you by e-mail, by just sending a message to our
information server.  The address that you would send a message to is:

    info at scn.org

(you probably already know this, since you got this message).  To get
one of the following files:

    faq          - Our Frequently Asked Questions list
    netiquette   - A description of the 'network etiquette' expected of
                   all users of SCN
    policy       - The current SCN policy document
    register     - The current SCN registration form

send a message to info at scn.org, with one of the following as the TEXT of the
message (the subject: line is ignored):

    get scninfo faq
    get scninfo netiquette
    get scninfo policy
    get scninfo register

We will be expanding the list of files available.  You can get a list of
what is available by sending a message to info at scn.org with the following
as the TEXT of the message:

    index scninfo

That's it for the general SCN info - below is the more general help
information for this service.

Thanks for checking in with us!!

This is the general help information for
Brent Chapman's "Majordomo" mailing list manager, version 1.93.

In the description below items contained in []'s are optional. When
providing the item, do not include the []'s around it.

It understands the following commands:

    subscribe <list> [<address>]
	Subscribe yourself (or <address> if specified) to the named <list>.

    unsubscribe <list> [<address>]
	Unsubscribe yourself (or <address> if specified) from the named <list>.

    get <list> <filename>
        Get a file related to <list>.

    index <list>
        Return an index of files you can "get" for <list>.

    which [<address>]
	Find out which lists you (or <address> if specified) are on.

    who <list>
	Find out who is on the named <list>.

    info <list>
	Retrieve the general introductory information for the named <list>.

    lists
	Show the lists served by this Majordomo server.

    help
	Retrieve this message.

    end
	Stop processing commands (useful if your mailer adds a signature).

Commands should be sent in the body of an email message to:

    info at scn.org

Commands in the "Subject:" line NOT processed.

If you have any questions or problems, please contact
"owner-majordomo".

    info at scn.org

    info at scn.org

    info at scn.org

Commands in the "Subject:" line NOT processed.

If you have any questions or problems, please contact
"owner-majordomo".

END OF COMMANDS