New repressive Seattle noise ordinance: Rally this Mon., 10/4 (fwd)

Lorraine Pozzi femme2 at scn.org
Fri Oct 1 18:45:13 PDT 1999

I'm forwarding this on.  I find it hard to believe that the
City Council could adopt this.  What happened to free speech?
Right of assembly?  Unless the facts are grossly mis-stated,
this is a gross violation of basic democratic rights.  Obviously,
it would have a chilling effect on anyone who could not easily
spare a few hundred dollars for a fine based on quite arbitrary
interpretations of excessive "noise."

I know, I should have called and checked this out before
posting to the list...

Lorraine
femme2 at scn.org