The value of discussion

Rich Littleton be718 at scn.org
Sun Oct 24 18:17:34 PDT 1999

Glad you brought this up.  Several points.

1.  It was a 7-year-old girl.
2.  Her mother sat at the neighboring terminal.
3.  There were 2 other adults in the class (total = 5)
4.  It was in the middle of a libary branch.
5.  There were 2 other instructors teaching with me.

This doesn't qualify as a delicate situation because the students were not
all minors.

Also, I did not have exclusive control. (The library staff were there)

Also, I did not have sole control.  There were two other teachers there.

Also, I did not have sole control because it was in the middle of a
library.

Next, you'll be wanting background checks for SCNA vols. at a general
computer fair because a minor might walk through.

Not a good use of our efforts, IMO.

Later,

Rich

*****  Unless stated otherwise, this message may be forwarded.  ******