Background checks

Rich Littleton be718 at scn.org
Mon Oct 25 20:54:52 PDT 1999

Tim,

SCN(A) does handle significant amounts of money. The treasurer does.  THAT
position MIGHT require thoroughness in selection.

HOWEVER, SCN(A) does not have any programs that exercise control over
chilldren or fragile populations.  NONE.

So don't let the rumors lead you to believe that this is any sort of basis
for background checks.

(Though, maybe there is some mental instability loose in the broader
membership.  But even then, we can't exercise any control over it, as
events repeatedly show.)

Later,

Rich

*****  Unless stated otherwise, this message may be forwarded.  ******