Background Screening Mechanisms

Joe Mabel jmabel at saltmine.com
Wed Oct 27 08:32:38 PDT 1999

How about rebuttal instead of rebuttle.  Let's stick to real words. If I
used smileys I'd put one here.

But your point is well taken.

Rich, I seem to be pretty much on your side of this, but I don't think
anyone on the other side is acting in bad faith.  I just think it's
important that we end up with a policy appropriate to our organization, and
it would seem to me that would be a policy which makes as little use of
background checks as we think is congruent with continuing to operate (e.g.
yes, we probably need a bonded treasurer, no, we probably don't need to vet
everyone to see if they're someone you'd hire to babysit).